With Buchanan of Clovis having locked it up at No. 1 in D1, we’re also down to just two teams with a shot at the final No. 1 in D2. In the other divisions, there are four left in D3, three in D4 and three in D5. Teams that can finish No. 1 by winning section titles this weekend are South Hills of West Covina (D2), Redondo Union of Redondo Beach (D3), Coronado (D4) and Sage Hill of Newport Beach (D5).
Note: These divisions do not match divisional alignments in sections with Open Divisions and in sections with more than one playoff division. Our state rankings by division for many years have been done in five divisions and we’ll continue that again for the final weeks of this season.
Note: This is a post for Gold Members only. Divisional rankings for the rest of the season (including the final) will be for Gold Club members only. Some all-state baseball content also will be for Gold Members only. If you’re not a member, it’s easy to sign up and you can check it out for just $9.99 for three months. For details, CLICK HERE.
(After results of Wednesday, June 1)
(Previous ranking in parentheses)
*Indicates season complete.
**Indicates forfeit wins or losses not included.
1. (1) Buchanan (Clovis) 30-1*
2. (4) De La Salle (Concord) 24-3
3. (NR) Murrieta Mesa (Murrieta) 25-7
4. (15) Harvard-Westlake (N. Hollywood) 24-8
5. (6) Vista 27-6
6. (10) Eastlake (Chula Vista) 28-4
7. (2) JSerra (San Juan Capistrano) 27-7*
8. (12) St. Francis (Mountain View) 26-8*
9. (14) El Camino Real (Woodland Hills) 28-7*
10. (5) Clovis North (Fresno) 23-7-1*
11. (NR) West Ranch (Valencia) 24-8*
12. (3) El Toro (Lake Forest) 25-6*
13. (NR) Serra (San Mateo) 25-6-1*
14. (NR) Elk Grove 24-9
15. (7) Lutheran (Orange) 22-9*