For the first time in the more than 20 years of the Cal-Hi Sports State 25 rankings in football, a league with six members in it has all six teams ranked. Orange Lutheran, with just a three-point loss to Corona Centennial, becomes the sixth this week from the Trinity League. The Mission League of the CIF Southern Section isn’t far behind. Also, No. 1 teams for CIF bowl divisions still are St. John Bosco, De La Salle, Rancho Verde, Clayton Valley, Newbury Park, Campolindo, Christian of El Cajon and Central Catholic of Modesto.
Check below for this week’s new list of the Cal-Hi Sports State 25 football rankings plus a list of the top few teams in the third CIF state bowl game divisional rankings for the 2014 season.
To read our breakdowns on each State 25 team, why some of these rankings moves were made, which teams are on the bubble and for the breakdowns of each CIF state bowl game division, you need to be a member of our Gold Club. Join our team today by CLICKING HERE.
WEEK 3 NEW CAL-HI SPORTS
STATE 25 OVERALL FOOTBALL RANKINGS
(Previous ranking in parentheses; through games of Saturday, Sept. 13)
1. (1) ST. JOHN BOSCO (BELLFLOWER) 3-0
2. (2) DE LA SALLE (CONCORD) 3-0
3. (3) MATER DEI (SANTA ANA) 2-0
4. (4) SERVITE (ANAHEIM) 2-1
5. (5) FOLSOM 3-0
6. (6) LONG BEACH POLY (LONG BCH) 3-0
7. (7) ALEMANY (MISSION HILLS) 3-0
8. (8) CHAMINADE (WEST HILLS) 3-0
9. (10) CENTENNIAL (CORONA) 1-2
10. (11) HELIX (LA MESA) 3-0
11. (12) OCEANSIDE 3-0
12. (14) SERRA (GARDENA) 2-1
13. (16) ST. BONAVENTURE (VENTURA) 2-1
14. (17) JSERRA (SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO) 3-0
15. (18) GRANT (SACRAMENTO) 3-0
16. (19) VALLEY CHRISTIAN (SAN JOSE) 2-0
17. (9) WESTLAKE (WESTLAKE VILLAGE) 2-1
18. (20) SANTA MARGARITA (RANCHO SM) 3-0
19. (22) ELK GROVE 2-0
20. (21) MISSION HILLS (SAN MARCOS) 2-1
21. (23) EDISON (FRESNO) 3-0
22. (NR) BISHOP AMAT (LA PUENTE) 2-1
23. (24) BAKERSFIELD 1-1
24. (NR) OAK RIDGE (EL DORADO HILLS) 3-0
25. (NR) LUTHERAN (ORANGE) 2-1
Dropped Out: Previous No. 13 Upland; No. 15 Vista Murrieta (Murrieta); No. 25 San Ramon Valley (Danville).
CIF STATE BOWL GAME DIVISIONS RANKINGS UPDATES
(Second rankings of the regular season)
DIVISION I SOUTH
1. St. John Bosco (Bellflower) 3-0
2. Mater Dei (Santa Ana) 2-0
3. Servite (Anaheim) 2-1
4. Long Beach Poly (Long Beach) 3-0
5. Alemany (Mission Hills) 3-0
DIVISION I NORTH
1. De La Salle (Concord) 3-0
2. Folsom 3-0
3. Grant (Sacramento) 3-0
4. Valley Christian (San Jose) 2-0
5. Elk Grove 2-0
DIVISION II SOUTH
1. Rancho Verde (Moreno Valley) 3-0
2. Corona del Mar (Newport Beach) 3-0
3. Heritage (Menifee) 3-0
DIVISION II NORTH
1. Clayton Valley (Concord) 2-0
2. Los Gatos 2-0*
3. Concord 3-0
*With continued success, it probably becomes greater that Los Gatos would move to CCS Open Division playoffs and therefore would be considered D1 North for bowl games.
DIVISION III SOUTH
1. Newbury Park 3-0
2. El Capitan (Lakeside) 3-0
3. Lompoc 3-0
DIVISION III NORTH
1. Campolindo (Moraga) 3-0
2. Sacred Heart Prep (Atherton) 2-0*
3. Sutter 3-0
*With continued success, it probably becomes greater that Sacred Heart Prep would move to CCS Open Division playoffs and therefore would be considered D1 North for bowl games.
DIVISION IV SOUTH
1. Christian (El Cajon) 3-0
2. St. Margaret’s (SJ Capistrano) 2-0
3. Sierra Canyon (Chatsworth) 3-0
DIVISION IV NORTH
1. Central Catholic (Modesto) 1-1
2. McClymonds (Oakland) 3-0
3. Capital Christian (Sacramento) 3-0
Mark Tennis is the co-founder and publisher of CalHiSports.com. He can be reached at email@example.com. Don’t forget to follow Mark on the Cal-Hi Sports Twitter handle: @CalHiSports
Someone is forgetting San Gorgonio 3-0 off a 12-1 season from last year with most of their starters back…
San Gorgonio clearly is in the mix for D2 South.
Oceanside should be 5. Why is a prison team 5 ? Mission Hills ? Kidding me. They should not be on list. Spartan fan who and where is san goronio ? I dont see Grizzly Fan defending his team.
I didn’t post that crap comment. Someone using my name.
Mission Hills ranked #21. Oceanside is #11. And I’m an Oceanside fan
It’s going to be very difficult for my Pirates to make it to D1 bowl game.
Open pretty much SJB or Centennial than D1 calhi always sucks up to pac5 or any other section other than San Diego. Truth is Pirates have proven with out a doubt how consistent they are for the past decade playoff state championship CIF titles what more do you want. They can play with anyone from Orange County or riverside. Calhi favors private schools complete B. S.
Private schools in the CIFSS happen to be slaughtering the opposition so far this year so the facts are the facts. Only team with a loss from the Mission League so far is Amat (loss was to Santa Margarita). Only losses for Trinity League are one by Servite (to Bishop Gorman) and one by Orange Lutheran (by 3 to Corona Centennial).
Other than 1 team, the Pac 5 will eliminate each other in playoffs. Chances are they (winner) will get the Open Bowl (Pac 5 is the toughest division in the Nation). D1 playoff game could involve SD section ?
Of course, San Diego will get one of the two D1 South bowl game slots if Helix and Oceanside keep winning, then play each other at the end for all the marbles.
Who dropped CDM to #2…!
CDM has been No. 2 in D2 South since the beginning. Haven’t been dropped at all.
ND Sherman Oaks is 3-0 with some huge matchups in the coming weeks. Do we see them in rankings after next week’s Serra Gardena showdown?