No. 1 teams heading into the section playoffs and in line for mythical divisional state crowns are Rancho Bernardo of San Diego (D1), College Park of Pleasant Hill (D2), Kaiser of Fontana (D3), Santa Ynez (D4) and Minarets of O’Neals (D5).
Attention young athletes: To check out info and to sign up for the first-ever Cal-Hi Sports/Gold Medal Excellence All-Sports Speed Camp and All-State Football Combine, CLICK HERE for June 14 event in Tracy or CLICK HERE for June 22 event in Bakersfield.
Note: We will be updating the divisional state baseball rankings from this week through the final rankings in early June. To check out these rankings for the remainder of the season, they will be tagged for Gold Club members only. It’s a great deal at less than $2 per month. Join our team today by CLICKING HERE.
(Rankings compiled after games played on Tuesday, May 13 so they will not match the overall State Top 20 compiled earlier this week because a few of those teams have already lost this week)
1. Rancho Bernardo (San Diego) 23-3
2. Elk Grove 22-4
3. Clovis 30-5
4. Wilson (Long Beach) 25-4
5. Huntington Beach 19-4
6. St. Francis (Mountain View) 23-4
7. Fountain Valley 18-6
8. Pleasant Grove (Elk Grove) 21-4
9. Loyola (Los Angeles) 22-5-1
10. Norco 23-2
11. Cathedral Catholic (San Diego) 20-4
12. Archbishop Mitty (San Jose) 22-6
13. Hart (Newhall) 20-4-1
14. Clovis North (Fresno) 21-8
15. Buchanan (Clovis) 23-7
Bubble Teams: See Overall State Top 20.
Note: Archbishop Mitty dropped its first-round game in the West Catholic Athletic League playoffs on Tuesday to Sacred Heart Cathedral so it would now be back behind St. Francis of Mountain View in the rankings even though the Monarchs have two wins over the Lancers, including one from last week.
1. College Park (Pleasant Hill) 22-3
2. Clayton Valley (Concord) 22-3
3. Great Oak (Temecula) 20-6
4. Maria Carrillo (Santa Rosa) 22-2
5. Dana Hills (Dana Point) 23-6
6. Campolindo (Moraga) 19-4
7. Vista Murrieta (Murrieta) 19-6
8. Pleasant Valley (Chico) 23-3
9. Benicia 23-4
10. Tulare Western (Tulare) 26-5-1
Bubble Teams: Eastlake (Chula Vista) 20-5, Glendora 20-6, Leigh (San Jose) 21-6, Otay Ranch (Chula Vista) 22-5*, Palm Desert 21-6.
Note: College Park, Clayton Valley, Maria Carrillo and Campolindo will all be in the CIF North Coast Section Division II playoffs. Campolindo is the three-time defending section champion. College Park just swept a pair from Clayton Valley last week when that team came into the series at 22-1 with its only loss to D1 St. Francis of Mountain View.
1. Kaiser (Fontana) 22-1
2. Ridgeview (Bakersfield) 27-3
3. Manteca 21-3
4. Torrance 21-8
5. Sonora (La Habra) 19-6-1
6. Analy (Sebastopol) 21-4
7. Vista del Lago (Folsom) 23-4
8. Sierra (Manteca) 20-4
9. Pinole Valley (Pinole) 18-6-1
10. Lincoln (San Jose) 22-2
Bubble Teams: Colfax 18-5, Dinuba 20-6, Hercules 18-5, Oaks Christian (Westlake Village) 16-7, San Dimas 20-6-1, Serra (San Diego) 20-4.
Note: Kaiser and Ridgeview is a close call at the top for now. Kaiser’s only loss is to J.W. North of Riverside in its fourth game and the Cats will have to win a very tough CIF Southern Section Division IV title. Ridgeview’s losses are to Centennial of Bakersfield (D1), Garces of Bakersfield (also beat twice) and Redwood of Visalia (also beat once).
1. Santa Ynez 23-1
2. Tahquitz (Hemet) 22-2
3. Oak Hills (Hesperia) 22-3
4. Sutter 24-2
5. Woodcrest Christian (Riverside) 21-2
6. Justin-Siena (Napa) 19-6
7. Capital Christian (Sacramento) 21-4
8. Hughson 18-5
9. Pacific Grove 18-5
10. Village Christian (Sun Valley) 18-7
Bubble Teams: Clear Lake (Lakeport) 18-5, Foothills Christian (El Cajon) 15-6, Kerman 25-4-1, Linden 20-7, Selma 19-10.
Note: Santa Ynez, Tahquitz, Oak Hills and Woodcrest Christian will all be in the CIF Southern Section Division V playoffs. For the five-division state rankings format, CIFSS teams will be slotted D1 for D1 state, D2 and D3 for D2 state, D4 for D3 state, D5 for D4 state and finally D6 and D7 for D5 state.
1. Minarets (O’Neals) 26-5
2. Head-Royce (Oakland) 16-4
3. St. Margaret’s (Rancho SM) 15-5
4. Crean Lutheran (Irvine) 21-4-1
5. Bradshaw Christian (Sacramento) 17-8
6. Sierra Canyon (Chatsworth) 23-5
7. Poly (Pasadena) 15-5
8. Colusa 21-7
9. Calvin Christian (Escondido) 16-5
10. Immanuel (Reedley) 19-10-1
Bubble Teams: Santa Clarita Chritian (Canyon Country) 16-1, Sierra Pacific (Hanford) 19-4, Stuart Hall (San Francisco) 17-5-1, Valley Christian (Roseville) 19-7.
Note: On Tuesday, St. Margaret’s blanked Crean Lutheran 1-0, which was accounted for on these rankings. That result would not be accounted for on this week’s CIF Southern Section rankings, which were released on Monday.