San Pasqual of Escondido debuts at No. 17 after winning No. 1 vs. No. 2 San Diego showdown. It’s a huge week for Mission Oak of Tulare as well, which will be up to No. 2 in D3 South bowl game rankings.
Check below for this week’s new list of the State Top 25 football rankings plus a list of the top few teams in this week’s CIF state bowl game divisions.
To read our breakdowns on each Top 25 team, why some of these rankings moves were made, which teams are on the bubble and for the breakdowns of each CIF state bowl game division, you need to be a member of our Gold Club. Join our team today by CLICKING HERE.
Please check out and bookmark our new Cal-Hi Sports Insider Blog: CalHiSports.com/blog For simple updates and insights, check out our twitter page @CalHiSports and for other updates please visit our Facebook page.
WEEK 8 NEW STATE TOP 25 OVERALL FOOTBALL RANKINGS
(Previous ranking in parentheses; through games of Saturday, Oct. 19)
1. (1) DE LA SALLE (CONCORD) 7-0
2. (2) ST. JOHN BOSCO (BELLFLOWER) 7-0
3. (3) FOLSOM 7-0
4. (4) SERRA (GARDENA) 7-0
5. (5) MATER DEI (SANTA ANA) 7-0
6. (6) MISSION VIEJO 7-0
7. (7) SERRA (SAN MATEO) 5-1
8. (10) SERVITE (ANAHEIM) 4-3
9. (11) LONG BEACH POLY (LONG BEACH) 6-1
10. (8) HART (NEWHALL) 7-0
11. (12) ELK GROVE 7-0
12. (13) PLEASANT GROVE (ELK GROVE) 7-0
13. (14) RANCHO CUCAMONGA 7-0
14. (9) CHAMINADE (WEST HILLS) 6-1
15. (18) OAKS CHRISTIAN (WESTLAKE VILLAGE) 6-1
16. (19) BELLARMINE (SAN JOSE) 5-1
17. (NR) SAN PASQUAL (ESCONDIDO) 7-0
18. (16) MISSION HILLS (SAN MARCOS) 6-1
19. (20) CENTENNIAL (CORONA) 5-2
20. (21) EDISON (FRESNO) 7-0
21. (23) EASTLAKE (CHULA VISTA) 6-1
22. (24) BAKERSFIELD 5-2
23. (25) EDISON (HUNTINGTON BEACH) 5-2
24. (NR) ARCHBISHOP MITTY (SAN JOSE) 6-0
25. (NR) CRENSHAW (LOS ANGELES) 3-4
Previous No. 15 Granite Bay; No. 17 Notre Dame (Sherman Oaks); No. 22 Lutheran (Orange).
CIF STATE BOWL GAME DIVISIONS RANKINGS UPDATES
DIVISION I SOUTH
1. (1) St. John Bosco (Bellflower) 7-0
2. (2) Mater Dei (Santa Ana) 7-0
3. (3) Mission Viejo 7-0
4. (4) Servite (Anaheim) 4-3
5. (5) Long Beach Poly (Long Beach) 7-1
DIVISION I NORTH
1. (1) De La Salle (Concord) 7-0
2. (2) Folsom 7-0
3. (3) Serra (San Mateo) 5-1
4. (4) Elk Grove 7-0
5. (5) Pleasant Grove (Elk Grove) 7-0
DIVISION II SOUTH
1. (1) Serra (Gardena) 7-0
2. (2) Hart (Newhall) 7-0
3. (3) Chaminade (West Hills) 5-2
4. (4) Edison (Huntington Beach) 5-2
5. (5) La Habra 6-1
DIVISION II NORTH
1. (1) Clayton Valley (Concord) 6-1
2. (2) Casa Grande (Petaluma) 7-0
3. (4) Enterprise (Redding) 7-0
4. (5) Inderkum (Sacramento) 5-2
5. (6) Casa Roble (Orangevale) 6-1
DIVISION III SOUTH
1. (1) Corona del Mar (Newport Beach) 7-0
2. (4) Mission Oak (Tulare) 7-0
3. (7) Oak Park (Agoura Hills) 7-1
4. (5) Monrovia 6-1
5. (6) Garden Grove 7-0
DIVISION III NORTH
1. (1) Marin Catholic (Kentfield) 8-0
2. (2) Campolindo (Moraga) 7-0
3. (3) El Cerrito 5-2
4. (4) Carmel 6-0
5. (5) Sacred Heart Prep (Atherton) 6-0
DIVISION IV SOUTH
1. (1) Bishop Diego (Santa Barbara) 7-0
2. (2) St. Margaret’s (SJ Capistrano) 7-0
3. (3) Francis Parker (San Diego) 7-0
DIVISION IV NORTH
1. (1) Central Catholic (Modesto) 6-1
2. (2) McClymonds (Oakland) 4-2
3. (3) Le Grand 7-0
Mark Tennis is the co-founder and publisher of CalHiSports.com. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to follow him on Twitter: @CalHiSports
Top 25 football 3-4 Crenshaw REALLY ! I want to here the spin on this one ACC I mean Calhi. So everybody in the Pac-five don’t worry if you lose its ok.I know Crenshaw it not in the Pac-five who cares but when does lose mean something ?
It’s really quite easy. Crenshaw’s four losses are all to higher ranked teams. Also has a win over Loyola (team that beat Alemany two weeks ago).
how do these rankings work? Where do the undefeated Biggs Wolverines stand? They look unbeatable can they be considered for the state bowl or is it all politics?
If Biggs goes unbeaten and doesn’t get a bowl game in favor of Central Catholic, Le Grand, Middletown or McClymonds, it’s strength of schedule that would be the reason not politics. We still want to see how the Wolverines do in the playoffs, too. If they keep rolling, they’ll get into the top 10 in D4 North and might move up close to the top 5 if other teams lose.
Politics come into play when the records & strength of schedule are similar.
Biggs is undefeated but the wins have been against pretty weak competition (two 0-7 teams). You have to schedule inter-divisional (Yreka or Orland) or inter-sectional (Middletwon) games to help your strength of schedule. All 6 teams ranked in Division IV South & North have played teams outside of their section and teams from higher divisions within their respective sections. It’s just the way the bowl system works. Good luck to Biggs the rest of the season.
Max preps state rank:
Le Grand -425
Where is Hilmar in your ranking?
Congrats to Hilmar on their huge win again Ripon. I think they’re real close to being in the top 5, but in Division III because of their enrollment. Rankings should be Sacred Heart #4, Hilmar#5, Carmel #6 if they all win out based on the strength of their schedules in the regular season. The top 3 (Marin Catholic, Campolindo & El Cerrito) are in the same division in North Coast Section. The winner will be in the Regional Bowl. Sacred Heart is #8 in their division of the Central Coast Section. No way they’re winning that division. If Hilmar could win their division they would most likely end up in the Regional Bowl. Lots of ifs in there though.
No way Sacred Heart can win in its division? You mean the division they won last year or the Open Division if they have to go there by winning their league? The big if for Hilmar obviously is winning the SJS D4 title, which would include Central Catholic. Yes, I agree if Hilmar is undefeated and has a win over Central Catholic that may be the difference. Carmel’s win over Palma also is still playing out. What if Palma wins its league and then maybe even gets a win in the CCS Open Division?
Hilmar is in D3 North and just went in at No. 10 this week. All of the other teams in that division won so we couldn’t move them higher and couldn’t keep Ripon in there, either. Some of those teams (Sutter, Menlo) play strong opponents this week and could lose.
No slight again SH, I mean the Open Division. They can definitely repeat in D4.
Things will sort themselves out in a few weeks. Fun to make predictions. Thanks for the list Mark.